27th September 2014
Can you tell the difference
A 911 call was made from a Wal-Mart in Beavercreek, Ohio. The caller stated that a man had a rifle, and was pointing it at people and kids. Police responded, and when they confronted him, they fired upon him quickly when they say he started to raise the rifle he was carrying. Afterwards, it was found that the firearm was actually a…
View On WordPress
21st September 2014
I want to buy all of these and Dave them for christmas.
20th September 2014
Let me look that up for you, I have an encyclopedia on my computer.
16th September 2014
Halloween should not sparkle. You can stop applying glitter to everything.
15th September 2014
Link reblogged from Answers From Vanaheim with 32 notes
Why you shouldn’t call yourself a pagan
Too many times, I hear people referring to themselves as “pagan” when the discussion of religion comes up. You really need to stop doing this, let me tell you why. (more…)
View On WordPress
There are a couple of things wrong with this article:
1. Reclaimed slurs are a thing, subcultures and marginalized groups do it all the time, that’s why some lesbians refer to themselves as dykes and women reclaim words like bitch, slut, and whore (the latter would probably be more applicable to sex workers). Not everyone does this and that’s perfectly fine. “Why would anyone want to do that?” Because it takes the oppressor’s power away from them. It says “This is my word, and I’m not letting you use it to stomp on me.” It’s basically a big “Fuck yeah I’m X, suck it!”
2. Academics (at least when I was going to school in the early 2000s) distinguish between “small p” pagan and “big p” Pagan. The first one (btw scholars still argue about where the term comes from, it might have just meant “civilian” ie. anyone who isn’t in the military, which for the highly militarized Romans wasn’t the best thing to be) has the more general connotations of “anyone who isn’t Jewish, Christian, or Muslim” or “an unbeliever”, sometimes other faiths will use “pagan” in the small p sense due to Christian influence. This should not be confused with “big P” Pagan, which denotes a particular movement focused on revivals of pre-Christian traditions, and is in fact an umbrella term for a variety of different traditions. Although, some people just like to call themselves “Pagan” because they have not found a specific tradition that suits their beliefs or they are eclectic and mix elements from a variety of different traditions.
1. Reclaimed slurs are a thing.
2. small p pagan vs. Big P Pagan, learn the difference
3. Don’t tell groups that use reclaimed slurs that they can’t use the slurs because don’t they know slurs are ew? Yes, yes we know, thanks for telling us, that’s the whole point.
4. Don’t go into the pagan tag and tell Pagans they can’t call themselves Pagan, it’s rude. If you’re not a part of the group, you don’t get to tell that group what words they can and cannot use.
5. Don’t be that person.
-A bitchy Pagan who is getting the most out of her BA in religious studies this week
1. Yes, you can reclaim a slur. It does happen. But, normally, the reclaimed slurs are reclaimed by people that feel that it actually describes them. Twinks and bears both embody the slur that they use for themselves, so they use it. Most people who call themselves dykes are masculine lesbians. They are saying that yes, this word means a thing, and that thing is not bad. I am this thing, and I am proud.
The word pagan did indeed begin as the Roman military’s description for civilians. But it wasn’t just any civilian. They didn’t call Roman citizens, living in the great city of Rome pagans. They didn’t refer to wealthy land owners in other countries as pagans. But the simple people working that wealthy land owner’s fields were pagans. They were uneducated and looked down upon. That has always been the root of the word. When it became a general slur for non christians, it was because non christians were also seen to be ignorant. They were backwards people, living in their little mud hovels on the outskirts of society. When you reclaim the word “pagan”, and say that yes, it is what you are. That you are pagan and proud. What you are saying you are proud of is being an ignorant, uneducated, country bumpkin.
It’s like NAMBLA trying to reclaim pedo. You can reclaim it all you want, you’re still just saying you want to fuck kids. That’s not something you should be admitting to.
2. Small p or capital P, the word is still the same. It still has the same origin, and the same original meaning.
3. Did I say you can’t say it? No. I live in the wonderful United State of America. We have the First Amendment that guarantees us the freedom of speech. I will never say that you cannot say something. Instead, I am saying that you shouldn’t say something. You shouldn’t use this word because it reflects poorly on you. For instance, there are many people that feel that the use of the word “nigga” reflects poorly on the person that uses it. This isn’t just a belief held by crotchety old white dudes either. There are plenty of African American’s that feel the same way.
4. Were you elected the Grand Pagan Pope? Did you just purchase Tumblr? No? Well, then I got news for you. Your tag isn’t just yours. It’s everybody’s. Anybody can post anything with any tags. There is nothing in the guidelines about misusing tags, unless it falls under the harassment rules, which this doesn’t. That means that yes, I get to post what ever the hell I want to post, even if you disagree with it.
That said, who the hell are you to say which groups I can or cannot be a part of? Tell me, please, what God(s) do I worship? What group am I in?
5. As Popeye once said, I am what I am, and that’s all that I am.
10th September 2014
Post with 1 note
Liberty Gun Works: Bi-Directional Triggers
Any firearm that fires more than one bullet when you pull the trigger is considered a “Machine Gun” under US law. It doesn’t matter if it fires in bursts, if its full auto, or even if it fires out of multiple barrels. People are always looking for different ways to get around this restriction and increase your rate of fire, without actually turning into a “Machine Gun” and having its sale…
View On WordPress